Politik

Open up your eyes.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ganji Is Dying

A man in Iran named Ganji (I believe) who protested against the government by writing truthful journalism was imprisoned a while ago. He started a hunger strike to be released. Only a week ago did Bush take notice when Ganji's wife appealed to the entire world pleading for her dying husband. Today is day 61 of Ganji's hunger strike.

I've been following Ganji's story for weeks now as I've kept up with the events in Iran. Somehow Iran doesn't seem to be getting too much attention in the media, but trust me when I say that now is the time that the Iranians need attention the most.

Every now and then I'll post a snippet of Iran news. For now this should suffice. I hope Ganji will be released. It will take the world governments to sit up and take notice, because only then will the mullahs do it. The mullahs, which are basically corrupt Muslim priests that rule Iran, will give in to pressure when many world leaders put them on the spot. I've been hoping for almost a month now for Ganji's realase, but this is starting to look even more hopeless.

I feel like I've gotta figure out something to help...but what? Any ideas?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Neil Aitken said…

    Perhaps one of the best things that can be done is what you're doing now - - drawing out attention to the problem. If no one talks about it, nothing changes. It has been said before that a single letter from a constituent is worth more than a hundred phonecalls. Talk is cheap, but well-written appeals may yet turn the tide. Thanks for shedding more light on this part of the world.

    Best wishes
    Neil

     

Post a Comment

<< Home